NZ Secure Exports Scheme (SES) Business Seminar
About the Seminar:
Exporting goods to Hong Kong and China?
Reduce export delays – and improve security of your shipments.
On Tuesday 23rd October at 2.30pm NZT, New Zealand Trade & Enterprise and the NZ Customs Service are holding an information session on New Zealand’s Secure Exports Scheme (SES). The SES helps New Zealand exporters minimise Customs delays and paperwork at international borders and get priority in recovering from trade disruptions.
The session is being organised with the kind support of the Hong Kong New Zealand Business Association and Hong Kong Trade Development Council.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER or follow the link: https://nzte.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_P2l_Kd05T0iZ-o1Q61sNsw
Attend in person in Auckland, or via webinar link:
2.30pm – 3.30pm NZT Tuesday 23rd October 2018 (9.30 – 10.30am Hong Kong time)
- NZTE Auckland NZTE Auckland – Level 6, 139 Quay Street, Auckland 1010
- Or via Webinar
(After registering online, if you plan to attend in person in Auckland, please email Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org)
The information session will include:
- An overview of the Secure Exports Scheme, the benefits for exporters and the countries it applies to (including China – and soon, Hong Kong)
- Tips on how to apply for the SES, and the assistance that Customs can provide to help exporters in the application process
- An opportunity to ask questions and get guidance from NZTE, Customs officials and local experts on exporting to Hong Kong and China
Panel Members include:
- Greg Smith, Chief Customs Officer, Secure Exports Scheme – NZ Customs Service
- Rachael McGuckian, Trade Commissioner, Hong Kong – New Zealand Trade & Enterprise
- Mark Russell, President – Hong Kong New Zealand Business Association
- Bonnie Shek, Director Australia/New Zealand – Hong Kong Trade Development Council
What is the SES?
The Secure Exports Scheme (SES) is administered by the NZ Customs Service. It is free to join, and requires exporters to prepare and submit a self-prepared security plan to monitor and maintain an agreed level of security and data integrity for their export operations. Registered SES exporters have access to border clearance privileges for countries that have mutual recognition arrangements (MRA) with New Zealand Customs. Current MRA countries for the New Zealand SES are:
- United States
- China (mainland)
Hong Kong will be added as a destination territory for the NZ’s Secure Exports Scheme (SES) in December 2018.
DATE: Tuesday 23 October, 2:30pm – 3:30pm
VENUE: New Zealand Trade Enterprise, Level 5, 139 Quay Street, Auckland Central
DRESS: Business Attire
HKNZBA Members: Free
Please RSVP by Monday 22 October to https://nzte.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_P2l_Kd05T0iZ-o1Q61sNsw
Please make cheques payable to ‘Hong Kong New Zealand Business Association’ and either post or take into the office. For more information contact email@example.com